Tech Corner / FAQ's
- 90 % of Security is procedure, if you can't get your tenants or employees to follow procedures, then why have a security system.
- Try to do a cardholder clean up once a year to keep all cardholder information current and up to date.
- Do not cancel any phone lines without checking what they go to.
- POTS lines are preferred but if you go digital then please make sure that the provider programs the lines for your security system, fire system and elevators to act like analog (i.e., long dtmf tones in lieu of micro dtmf tones and constant voltage as required by many modems and fire d.a.c.t.s)
- Clean your maglocks at least once a year. Dirt and rust buildup can cause your locks to not maintain their full holding force.
- Maglocks should not have to "suck" doors closed. Maglocks and armature plates must touch in order to be secure (this means flush up against each other and touching). Make sure door closures close door properly.
- The default state of Exit Sensors are fail-safe therefore if it is not working the door will be unlocked. To check an Exit Sensor walk in front of it and a green light should come on and then shut off when it times out. If no light comes on then it is not working and doors will remain unlocked until repaired.